Preservation Longview

  • Rucker-Campbell House
    Rucker-Campbell House
  • War Letters on Display
    War Letters on Display
  • Ronald Lee of NASA
    Kimberly Fish spoke on "The Big Inch," her book of historical fiction about the oil pipelines that ran from Longview to the East Coast. The pipelines have been cited by various scholars as a critical part in the United States winning World War II.
  • War Letters Lecture by Andrew Carroll
    War Letters Lecture by Andrew Carroll
  • War Letters Display at First United Methodist Church
    War Letters Display at First United Methodist Church
  • First National Bank
    First National Bank
  • Artifacts on Display at Longview Public Library
    Artifacts on Display at Longview Public Library
  • War Letters from John Chisum
    War Letters from John Chisum
  • “Booze, Broads and Bibles: A Clash of Cultures in East Texas in the 1930's,” presented by Dr. Charles Taylor and Kimberly Fish
    “Booze, Broads and Bibles: A Clash of Cultures in East Texas in the 1930's,” presented by Dr. Charles Taylor and Kimberly Fish
  • "The Living Theater of the Past - The Historical Architecture of East Texas," presented by Bill O'Neal, Retired Texas State Historian
  • Ronald Lee of NASA spoke on the recovery efforts in East Texas after the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.
    Ronald Lee of NASA spoke on the recovery efforts in East Texas after the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.

Preservation Longview's mission is to protect, promote, and preserve the history, arts, and culture of the Longview community, including historic sites and the area’s agrarian roots.

We provide guidance in the restoration of historic properties and neighborhoods as a source of pride and revitalization for Longview, Gregg County and the State of Texas. Learn more about us and about the Rucker-Campbell Home, 433 S. Center Street, that we are working to restore.

 The Rucker-Campbell Home is a Texas Recorded Landmark, eligible for the National Registry of Historic Places.

The Rucker-Campbell Home is the second  landmark designated by the City of Longview Historic Commission.